Winter aquatic investigations (September 1983-May 1984) : an evaluation of the incubation life-phase of chum salmon in the middle Susitna River, Alaska /
"This report (report number 5) provides results of the 1983-1984 winter studies conducted by the ADF & G to evaluate and compare existing chum salmon incubation conditions in selected slough, side channel, tributary, and mainstem habitats of the Susitna River between Talkeetna and Devil Can...
|Alternate Title:||Evaluation of the incubation life-phase of chum salmon in the middle Susitna River, Alaska|
|Additional Author(s):||Blakely, Jeffery S.,|
Freeman, Glenn M.,
|Corporate Contributor(s):||Alaska Power Authority.|
Alaska. Susitna Hydro Aquatic Studies.
Alaska. Department of Fish and Game.
|Publisher:||Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Susitna Hydro Aquatic Studies,|
|Report Numbers:||APA 2658|
|Series:||Document (Susitna Hydroelectric Project) ;
no. 2658-2659. |
Report (Alaska. Susitna Hydro Aquatic Studies) ; no. 5.
|Online Access:||Link to Full Text|
Link to Full Text
|Library Holdings:||Print Versions|
- v. 1. [Main report]. (APA 2658 ; RTS 26a ; SUS 499)
- v. 2. Appendix F. Winter temperature data (APA 2659 ; RTS 26b ; SUS 500).
- Detailed contents of v. 1: Introduction
- Methods: Selection of study sites ; Procedures for evaluating physical and chemical variables ; Salmon embryo development and survival ; Interpretation of figures
- Results: Comparison of physical and chemical characteristics of study sites and habitat types ; Comparison of embryo survival and development at study sites and habitat types ; Effects of physical, chemical and biological habitat variables on embryo survival at study sites and habitats
- Discussion: Assumptions and limitations ; Physical, chemical, and biological habitat conditions associated with chum salmon development and survival ; Conclusions and recommendations
- Appendices: appendix A. Embryo development and survival data ; appendix B. Study site maps ; appendix C. Water quality ; appendix D. Substrate data ; appendix E. Additional habitat data.
- Detailed contents of v 2: Introduction
- Methods: Site selection ; Field data collection ; Data analysis
- Results: Mainstem temperature evaluation ; Chum salmon spawning/incubation temperature ; Preliminary mitigation evaluation ; Habitat relationships
- Discussion: Mainstem temperature evaluation ; Chum salmon spawning/incubation temperature ; Preliminary mitigation evaluation.