ARLIS will borrow materials for founding agency patrons only. Borrowing services extend to part time, seasonal, and temporary employees of founding agencies, but are not available to contractors who may be working with these agencies. UAA faculty, staff and students do not receive interlibrary loan borrowing privileges from ARLIS; they have access to these services at Consortium Library Interlibrary Loan.
ARLIS will lend the following items to recognized libraries through the interlibrary loan program:
- Circulating and reserve books
- Second copies of periodicals (if a second copy exists)
- Cataloged microfilm and microfiche
- One renewal is permitted on the above items if requested before the loan period expires.
At the discretion of the interlibrary loan department ARLIS may lend:
- Reference materials
- Rare/Special collections
- Non-circulating materials
ARLIS will not lend the following:
- Maps (we may copy)
- Periodicals where only one copy exists
- Furs and skulls
Requests for all photocopied materials will be contingent on compliance with copyright law.
ARLIS reserves the right to recall any materials before the due date to meet the needs of founding agencies.
There are no fees for interlibrary loan service. Reciprocity is encouraged.