Welcome to the American Water Resources Association (AWRA) Spring Specialty Conference being held at the Anchorage Sheraton, April 25-27.
Alaska Resources Library & Information Services (ARLIS) has a comprehensive collection of Alaska resource materials, including those related to the conference theme of Water, Energy, Environment. Collections that may be of interest to water professionals for current or future research include:
• The late Don Tennant’s library of instream flow documentation that traces the nationwide evolution of methodologies and their legal and technical framework.
• Records of the Interagency Hydrology Committee for Alaska (IHCA) dating from the 1970s onward.
• Photos and records of the BLM Wild and Scenic Rivers, including all candidate rivers.
• Ice records from Alaskan villages statewide dating from statehood.
• The imminent launch of the completely revamped Susitna Doc Finder, a robust catalog of all current and historic hydroelectric project reports related to the Susitna basin.
All are welcome to use the library, located on the UAA campus in the Consortium Library Building. For reference assistance, please feel free to call 272-7547 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy Anchorage and best wishes for a productive conference.